THE AMERICAN STAMP
WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
About Us    ::    Contact Us for more information and how to join
Annual Convention    ::
Sample copies of our Journal - The Mayflower
The American Stamp Club of Great Britain caters for collectors of the stamps and postal history of the United States of America, United States Possessions, and
the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War period. We cover 'back-of-the-book' material - locals, revenues, postal stationery, air
mails, pre-cancels, essays, proofs, in fact everything philatelic relating to the United States. We welcome both new collectors and advanced specialist collectors.
Unfortunately, because of insurance restrictions we cannot send exchange packets or books abroad, only within the United Kingdom. We provide the following services:
* Our Journal, The Mayflower, which is sent free to members either as a full colour, large print version by email, or as a A5 size hard copy in black and white by post. It includes a postal auction, Club news and articles on United States philately;
* Circulating Exchange Packets for Stamps, First Day Covers & Postal History, Revenues and other back-of-the-book items;
* A New Issues Service tailored to your needs;
* A Library containing reference books and handbooks covering most of the main aspects of US philately which members can borrow for the cost of the postage;
* An Annual Convention which is held in different parts of the country, usually in conjunction with a stamp fair or philatelic event, and includes our Annual General Meeting, Competitions and displays, together with an opportunity to meet other United States collectors.
* A series of publications produced by the Club that are available for members to purchase (listed in the Members' Area).
* In addition local meetings are sometimes held when sufficient members can get together.
Normally the annual subscription is £10.00 with a once only joining fee of £5.00.
The Club is constituted as a non-profit making mutual society with only members participating in the trading activities of the Club.
Acting General Secretary
Membership enquiries, and joining the Club
Subscriptions and financial matters
The Club's Journal - The Mayflower
This Area is available only to members, and the login credentials are changed from time to time.
Members with email who have opted to take the email version of The Mayflower will be
sent any changes of credentials. Other members can obtain these from the Webmaster.
The area contains members' pages, messages, sales and wants, back numbers of The
Mayflower, articles, a list of Club publications, and anything else that might be of
interest to members.
The American Stamp Club of Great Britain wishes all
collectors much pleasure in the pursuit of their hobby.
1. The American Stamp Club of Great Britain will hold information about each member on a database in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations until otherwise instructed by the member. The information will be used only to communicate with members and provide the various services to members that are available to them. Information about members will never be disclosed to a third party without the consent of the member, except when required by law.
2. Members may at any time ask the Membership Secretary to provide a copy of their information held on the ASCGB database.
3. A member may at any time ask the Membership Secretary to have their information removed from the ASCGB database. This will mean that the Club will no longer be able to communicate with the member, and they will not receive any further Club services.
If any visitor wishes to raise a Privacy Issue about this website, he/she should contact our Membership Secretary.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
5. The American Stamp Club of Great Britain ('the Club') website shall be dedicated to the promotion of United States Philately in Great Brtain, and the Club, will provide information to members and prospective members about the Club's activities, and other relevant philatelic activities at international, national, regional and local level.
6. The site may contain advertising matter relating to the hobby of philately by philatelic organisations, or by non philatelic organisations that sponsor philatelic activities, but the Webmaster reserves the right to refuse any advertisement considered to be harmful or detrimental to The Club or philately in general or falling within the definition at (5) below.
7. The site shall not include anything of a libellous or defamatory nature, or anything which is offensive, or anything which may bring the Club into disrepute.
8. The site shall be reviewed on a regular basis and amended, where appropriate, with any changes notified to the Webmaster by officers of the Club or members.
The 2c Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition
Email the Webmaster with any comments or suggestions about this site.